Felt the pain of a broken heart
From a lover
From friends
From family
People I thought I might never lose
People I thought would always be there for me
Always by my side
Through thick and thin
But I was proven wrong
Wrong to believe that people will stay forever
By my side
Be with me my whole life
I got hurt over and over again
Because I always have the same thoughts
"I can trust this person they won't leave"
Over and over again I'm proven wrong
Over and over again I am hurt
My heart shatters
My soul breaks.
But ...
Even with all this pain
Heartache
Depression
Loss
I am happy
I am happy that I hadn't
That I haven’t
Lost the ability to trust
The ability to open my heart
Whether it be to a friend or lover
I can trust them over and over again
Because.. In the end
It has made me into the person I am today
A strong person
A person I am proud of
I am happy to be
It has made me..
Me
(19/2/11)
No comments:
Post a Comment