You've broken me
Made me burn
In ways I never thought you would
Never thought you'd be able
I listened to your words
Heard each and every one
Believed them
As they danced off your tongue
So sweet & delicate
I believed it all
So naively & innocently
I fell into the trap
People told me to be aware
But I decided not to listen
Because this was different
You were different
I showed them too
I thought I did anyway
Thought we showed them
We were gonna be different
Different from the rest
What we have was special, I said
One of a kind
Never felt it before
Never experienced anything like it
I put you first
Because I felt it was right
Put you before anything
Before anyone
& They told me
They told me I was changing
Oh how I was changing
For the better
You were good for me
& I loved hearing it
It just encouraged me
To fall more
Believe more
& the next thing I know
My guard's down
There are no walls between us
I should have listened to those first cries
The cries heeding me
Heeding me to be careful
Because as soon as I let those walls
Those safe stone brick solid walls fall
It didn't happen right away
No
& not all at once
Warnings at first
One whistled past my ear
I believe it to be the wind
Another stabs the ground in front of me
I continue forward
They start flying down more n more as time goes on
Steadier
Heavier
Until all of a sudden
What came flying down was a sky full of arrows
Piercing every part of flesh they could find
Stabbing into every nerve
Pushing me down to my knees
As I gave way to the unexpected pain
Unexpected hurt
Waiting for me on the other side
When I thought what I found at first would last
forever
The safety
The warmth
The care
Instead
There now was steel
Ice
Neglect
& soon
Nothing
(12/10/13)
No comments:
Post a Comment