30/08/2012

Vulnerability

I try not to cry

I hate those wet things crawling down my cheeks

Soaking my pillow

Getting the side of my face sticky

Making my eyes puffy

Making them red



I don't like getting that stuffy nose

Puffy cheeks

Puffy lips

From crying all night long

With so many thoughts & emotions just gushing out



I hate being that vulnerable

Because being that vulnerable leads to talking

Telling people exactly what's on my mind



That's dangerous

Dangerous for everyone

****

I don't like crying

I let things fester

Let them keep boiling

Till they rise to the surface

Where I can't control em



They then come pouring out

In forms of droplets 

Droplets of tears

Streaming down my cheeks



Being soaked by my pillow

That I hug so tight

Looking for some sort of comfort

Late at night



I'll never find it

That I know to be true

I'll never find it cuz that pillow

That pillow aint nothin on you



By 'you' everyone might be thinkin I mean a lover

Nope that aint true

I don't just mean one person

It’s not just one person

One person that's missin

Missin in my empty life



I never tell anyone just how empty it is

I can't get that vulnerable

Not with the way my life is

I can't get that emotional

That I've learnt the hard way

Keep my chin up, head strong

& hopefully with some luck

I'll keep my sanity but I doubt my soul

Will ever be safe



In this merciless hole

Nothing's secure

The only thing you can hope for

Is one day you'll walk out that door



I can't tell you my secrets

Those I have to keep under wraps

For no one will ever keep it

I don't want to be put into another trap



I can't, no, I won't let my vulnerability show

Not in this kind of world

You'll get trampled like snow



I'll never let anyone know what goes on in this brain

Why sometimes at night

It's too much of a strain

I just let everything out

In forms of teardrops

So I'll never have to let this facade go

Never have to let the act drop

What festers & boils in my mind is for mine to know

& no matter how much I want to

No matter how much I dream to

No matter how much I'd love to

I'll never let anyone know


(30/8/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment