21/02/2012

What Hurts

What I did
You might not forgive
What I said
I doubt you'll forget

I know it hurt you
I know it stung
But please baby please

Trust me when I say
It hurt me too
Hurt me so much
Was like a knife to my chest
A knife I plunged in there myself
& twisted till it stuck
A lump formed at my throat
I couldn't utter a word
But I speak true
I said what I said all for you

She hurt you
That much is true
And I know, right now
I hurt you too

Trust me when I say
It hurt me too
Hurt me so much
Was like a knife to my chest
A knife I plunged in there myself
& twisted till it stuck
A lump formed at my throat
I couldn't utter a word
But I speak true
I said what I said all for you

I know you’re not over her
I don't think you'll ever be
I feel like you’re not ready
To fully give yourself to me

You need that time alone
That time to reminisce
To remember all about her
Bad times and all the bliss

You need that time for grieving
That's the time I'm offering
I'm not saying I'm leaving
But I can't keep you suffering

Trust me when I say
It hurt me too
Hurt me so much
Was like a knife to my chest
A knife I plunged in there myself
& twisted till it stuck
A lump formed at my throat
I couldn't utter a word
But I speak true
I said what I said all for you

Please don't give me that look
I can't take causing you pain
I don't want to keep this hanging on a hook
This is all for your gain

Keeping all this bottled up inside
I want you to let it out
I promise I'm staying for that ride
With that there's no doubt

I'll be there to hear you
I'll be there to hold you
I hope later you'll see
& I hope you'll come back to me

Trusting me when I say
What hurts you
Hurts me too
(20/2/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment