I'm guessing I shulda kept this in
Guess you had figured what was within
My bad for not realizing that you didn't realize
That was just a bad compromise
Between mind and heart
'Always choose mind' that's what I said at the start
But it ends up different
Can't count on what’s actually significant
I know now that was a mistake
Can never fixate
On one particular thing or being
For it leaves upon seeing
The attachment that I have come to adore
Will eventually be left hung up on the door
Left there for all to see
What was and was supposed to be
Now all I have is the familiarity
Of unpleasant consequences of reality
In that hour and minute
I shoulda snapped myself outta it
But with a smile and a laugh
I just let go and spilled out my heart
Let it flow through and through
But with that I got slew
Learnt not to let it flow
Try and stop it next time, don't let it grow
I know now that was a mistake
Can never fixate
On one particular thing or being
For it leaves upon seeing
The attachment that I have come to adore
Will eventually be left hung up on the door
Left there for all to see
What was and was supposed to be
Now all I have is the familiarity
Of unpleasant consequences of reality
I've said all I can
Nothing went according to plan
All I really wanted was that chance
Maybe I shouldn't have jumped that fence
Sat back & waited for you to make the first move
But then again I had something to prove
Things can work if you have the right person
But everything I did made it worsen
In any case now you know
I've done my bit
I'll leave u here to ponder and sit
And nows my time to go
(22/2/12)
No comments:
Post a Comment